Pedaling in Chianti is the perfect way
to taste delicious wines & enjoy great views.
€ 165 per person
Small group bike tour, from 2 to 8 people
One day trip from Florence, biking in the Chianti Classico area.
Your day schedule
Pick up: 8.45 a.m.
Drop off: 4.45 p.m.
From easy to intermediate
Distance traveled by Cycling
10 to 13 miles
Tuscany Wine Lovers : biking in the heart of Tuscany
The Tuscany Wine Lovers bike tour starts with you being picked up in Florence and whisked off into the enchanting Chianti countryside. Visiting medieval towns you can stroll down the cobblestone streets, admire the tall lookout towers and do a bit of shopping. After the visits, we will fit you with one of our top-notch bikes so then you can begin to pedal your way through an itinerary stopping for several photo opportunities.
Tuscany Wine Lovers bike tour promises to satisfy your taste buds with our three exclusive wine tastings. Here you will experience the tingling tannin of the Sangiovese, the minerality of the Vernaccia and a few surprises. Each vineyard will show you a completely different aspect of Chianti, introducing you to its diversity and uniqueness.
Wine Tasting in Chianti
The first stop features not just typical Tuscan wines but also a few other regions in Italy. The support van will be with you the entire trip. You can make purchases and store them in the van until the end of the Tuscany Wine Lovers bike tour.
Back on the bikes to our next break, cycling through the gorgeous Chianti countryside, where we will stop for a few more photos.
The second stop includes the visit to our favorite boutique winery owned by the same family since 1904.
Located in the south west hills of Castellina in Chianti in the heart of the Chianti Classico DOCG wine region, the owners will guide you through tastings and explain how their wines & Extra Virgin Olive Oil express the soul and heart of their land and the people who work it.
The biking portion ends with a visit to the charming walled village of Monteriggioni, an ancient medieval outpost founded to protect the Republic of Siena. Surrounded by age-old olive groves and vineyards, you will enter within the town walls for a fascinating stroll into the Middle Age.
After this amazing stop short van transfer takes you to the last treat of your Tuscany experience :
visit of Ancient Winery of the local producer.
This Farm is the heart of a property of more than 300 Ha and 30 Ha of vineyards, in the oldest part of the Chianti Classico area.
This third-and-last amazing stop offers a variety of unique emotions, from the ancient underground cellars built entirely in stone to the wine experience lunch!
You will learn about their unique wine making followed by the unique
Wine Experience lunch: pairing local organic products with Chianti wines, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, balsamic vinegar.
This is the authentic Tuscan way to experience the savory goodness of the area.
Feel free to make your purchases during the ride: your touring will be fully van supported!
For those who are concerned about not being in shape, or for those who haven’t saddled up on two wheels for a while we have an alternative so that they don’t have to sit on the sidelines for this beautiful experience.
Ask us about our high-end Electric-bikes!
Non cycling tour-mates are also welcome in our small groups : contact us to learn more.
The Tuscany Wine Lovers bike tour will show you the colors and flavors of Tuscany. This extraordinary Tuscany bike tour from Florence suitable for all levels, follows an itinerary which highlights small medieval towns, stunning landscapes, and three wine tastings.
Tuscany Wine Lovers Bike Tour features
- Town visits at some of the most panoramic points in Chianti: San Donato in Poggio, Castellina in Chianti, Fonterutoli, Monteriggioni.
- The Wine Education, cellar visit and Chianti Classico wine tasting at the farm (Option to purchase all products on site)
- The Wine Experience lunch: led by a professional sommelier who will meticulously pair local organic products with the perfect Chianti wine. (Option to purchase all products on site)
- A relaxing atmosphere where you can leisurely pedal and admire the scenery, stop for pictures
- Estimated biking times is between 1.5 to 2 hours.
Elena & Piero say this tour is perfect for those who:
- Are Foodies & Wine Lovers
- Love the idea of exploring Tuscany and visiting small old towns while pedaling at their own pace through the amazing countryside
- Love the relaxing atmosphere : you can easily stop to admire the scenery and take pictures
- Are of drinking age
I BIKE OCCASIONALLY
I RIDE REGULARLY ON WEEKENDS
- Your pickup and drop-off in Florence downtown
- Piero-Elena leading your day.
- Full guidance and van support.
- High-quality light-frame disk brakes 27-speed hybrid bike, helmet, water bottle.
- E-bikes are available on demand.
- Snacks & treats for your ride.
- 1 Wine tasting.
- 1 Vineyard visit & tasting (Guided tour of the organic vineyards & historic cantina, wine & extra virgin olive oil tasting).
- Lunch & Wine experience (Wine education, wine tasting at organic farm pairing Tuscan wines & local food).
- Min.Age : 16 y.o.
All tasting fees and your Tuscan lunch are included.
- Traveling with kids under 12 yrs old?
- Looking for the family favorite “city escape” from the museums, monuments & tourist life?
- San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Siena in one day from Florence?
- Wish to visit Siena including wine tour&tasting?
- Want to pedal easily to San Gimignano enjoying wine & gelato?
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY
One of the top highlights of our Tuscany trip!
My husband and I are active and were looking for a more adventurous way to explore Tuscany. Bike Florence was the perfect fit to satisfy my hubby (a cyclist) and me a wino. It was the best of both worlds! We selected the Chianti bike tasting and enjoyed a half day of wonderful cycling in the beautiful Tuscan hillside. I cannot say enough about Piero and Eleana and their wonderful hospitality. From booking the tour to helping with directions and selecting excellent wineries, we felt extremely taken care of. Both were gracious, witty and focused on safety. We had an amazing experience that we’ll treasure for a long time to come. If you’re looking to explore Tuscany on bike, you simply can’t go wrong with Bike Florence! Thanks again Piero and Elena for taking such good care of us. We’ll spread the word about our great experience to all our Texas friends! Grazie mille!
Great way to see parts of Floreonce and Tuscany that you would never see otherwise!
We went on 2 trips with Piero (second with his wife Elena).
1. Day trip of Florence. Saw Florence in whole new light- allowed us to explore Florence from 1 end to the other, avoiding the usual “tourist” areas (Duomo, Palazzo Signoria, Ponte Vecchio) that we had already done on foot. Only the 3 of us, yet Piero still did tour, incredibly infromative, adapted tour to our needs (stopped when we felt need), great lunch at hidden restaurant below Piazzale Michelangelo. Had a geat time!
2. Tuscany wine tour. This time did with son as well (initally not very enthusiastic, but even he admitted worth every penny). I am a regular cyclist, but others in group (total 6) “weekend warriors”. Tuscany can be challenging cycling, but Piero selcted route that everyone in group could do (picked us up at local drop off, since we were stayig in San Gimignano), drove to start of route, mostly downhill thereafter- abslolutely incredible countryside. Wine tasting incredible, espcially at Monteriggioni where we had wine tasting with matched food for lunch- informative. Shown how diferent local wines complement diferent foods. My wife (not usually a wine lover) “never going to drink cheap wine again”. Again Piero + Elena adapted tour to our needs. Again had great time- worth every Euro! Only downside- being from Canada, not practical to ship a case home!
Good food, good wine & all whilst cycling through the amazing scenery of Tuscany!
We were really looking forward to our ride out into the Tuscan hills having never been to the area and spending much of the later part of our trip in cities, and we were far from disappointed!
Piero & Elena were warm & welcoming, kept in regular contact upto the day and ensured we knew exactly where we going and what we were doing on the morning of our ride. We got to see the wonderful countryside of the Chianti region, on a gentle September Sunday whilst drinking fabulous wine, eating wonderful local produce & meeting new people…….what more could you ask for? It was defiantly one of the highlights of our Italian adventure and would recommend it.
Chianti bike tasting tour – Bike Florence&Tuscany
My husband and I choose the Chianti bike tasting ride October 3rd 2017…I must say it was hard to choose, they all look so good! We were delighted to have Elena as our host and guide. She is BEYOND engaging, so informative and the best guide and expert on Tuscan towns and Italy. The day was gorgeous and the stops delightful. There were just the two of us on the ride and we felt so special. I would highly recommend that you use this company…Italians running an Italian company that are expert riders themselves. We will definitely ride with them next year, can’t wait!