An exhilarating one-day trip from Florence in the motherland
of Chianti Classico wine
€ 155 per person
Small group bike tour, from 2 to 7 people.
From intermediate to advanced
Your day schedule
Pick up: 8.45 a.m.
Drop off: 5.00 p.m.
Distance traveled by Cycling
10 to 18 miles
(approx 1,5-2,5 hours)
After picking you up in Florence, we move by van to the starting point of your ride.
Passing through some of the most famous, charming Tuscan towns, we stop in Radda in Chianti, the ancient walled medieval village. Before beginning your adventure, you have time to visit the old village and immerse yourself in the rural atmosphere, so typical to this unique part of the world.
Once on the road, the soft rolling hills will capture your hearts and you’ll realize that cycling is truly the best way to soak up the Tuscan nature.
We’ll see some of the most historical and prestigious Tuscan wineries while we’re passing through the open country roads with low traffic. Here, where life is slow, you can lose yourself in the same breathtaking views that have belonged to this countryside for centuries.
A land with this spirit won’t let you conquer it too easily but all you need is a little bit of effort to enjoy pedaling along the flowing back roads following in the footsteps of Baron Bettino Ricasoli!
We’ll visit his castle and the Renaissance gardens that dominate the southern part of the Chianti Classico countryside. The gardens are stunning with their typical, geometric shaped bushes and English woods overlooking an impressive panorama of the Chianti area with Siena in the background.
And now it’s time for a bit of rest!
Your well-deserved lunch will complete this sensational morning and we will be glad to suggest you some of the best trattorias where you can enjoy the genuine taste of Tuscany.
The emotions don’t stop here, though. We can’t leave the castle without tasting the most historic Chianti Classico wines. The tasting room will welcome us with a warm and sophisticated ambiance. Did you know? The recipe for our famous Chianti wine was written right here, almost 200 years ago!
Ready for the grand finale, you’ll hop back on the bikes and retrace the beautiful road that brought us to the castle, this time heading downhill, leading us straight to Gaiole in Chianti, the last town of our ride. Gaiole was named the number one place in Forbes list of “Europe’s Most Idyllic Places to Live”.
We’ll have time for a satisfying espresso before continuing our tour in the van.
Highlights of the day: Radda in Chianti, Gaiole in Chianti, biking through unforgettable Tuscan hamlets, our exclusive, panoramic and unique route through the Chianti Region. We’ll follow an amazing itinerary showing us the most exclusive view of this beautiful and romantic landscape. An exhilarating trip through Tuscany, between Florence and Siena, promises a continually changing and always enchanting challenge.
The Chianti classic Bike Tour features:
- Pumping the pedals as you whiz through the Tuscany landscape
- Tranquil roads, off the beaten path of mass tourism
- Discovering the Sangiovese grape, which is the base for Chianti wines, in its natural habitat
- Wine tasting in a real castle, and the possibility to purchase products
- A visit to Radda in Chianti and Gaiole in Chianti
- Estimated biking time: 2 to 2.5 hours
- For those who are concerned about not being in shape, or who haven’t saddled up on two wheels for a while we have an alternative so that they don’t have to sit on the sidelines for this beautiful experience.
Ask us about our high-end Electric-bikes!
- Non cycling tour-mates are also welcome in our small groups : contact us to learn more
Elena & Piero say this tour is perfect for those who:
- are bike lovers eager to mix the beauty of region with some active pedalling (min. age is 12 years old)
- are curious about the origins of the famous Chianti Classico
- want to emerge themselves in the Siena landscape, culture & castles.
I RIDE REGULARLY ON WEEKENDS
I RIDE REGULARLY DURING THE WEEK AND FOR LONGER RIDES ON WEEKENDS
- Your pick-up and drop-off in Florence downtown.
- Piero-Elena leading your day.
- Full guidance and van support.
- High-quality light-frame disk brakes 27-speed hybrid-bike, helmet, water bottle.
- E-bikes available on demand.
- Snacks & treats for your ride.
- Visit to the Castle of Brolio (entrance fee included).
- Wine tasting (tasting fee incl.)
- Traveling with kids under 12 yrs old?
- Looking for the family favorite “city escape” from the museums, monuments & tourist life?
- San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Siena in one day from Florence?
- Foodies & Wine Lovers?
- Wish to visit Siena including wine tour&tasting?
- Want to pedal easily to San Gimignano enjoying wine & gelato?
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY
Relaxing break from city sight seeing
I would highly recommend this experience. You not only get to see the beautiful countryside, but you really get a real taste of the Chianti region of Tuscany.
It is more than a bike tour, it’s an experience for all involved!
Best biking tour in Italy. Piero and his team took us on 2 tours one in Chianti and one in Valdarno region. We had the best time ever and will never forget. It is more than a bike tour it’s an experience for all involved! The support team and van help all levels of bikers to enjoy. Run don’t walk to this experience! Brian and Maree