Ride through quintessential Florence on an exciting and fascinating adventure
€ 90 per person
Small group / Private bike tour, from 4 to 8 people!
One day biking in Florence
Your day schedule
Pick up: 9.00 a.m.
Drop off: 3.30 p.m.
Distance traveled by Cycling
Spend an exciting day in Florence’s historical district of San Frediano, on the left bank of the Arno River, heading to the beautiful surrounding hills through the Porta Romana, joining us on this unforgettable Florentine experience!
The starting point will be as close as possible to your accommodation. We will take a smooth ride through the flat green park along the river banks. A quiet, refreshing time before plunging straight into historic Florence, where native Florentines still
We will make frequent stops that will leave an indelible mark of the experience in your memory: a break for coffee, a gelato, or just resting on a Florentine stone bench to take in the surroundings.
We all love Florence as the Cradle of Reinassance.
However, not everyone knows that beyond the old city centre – hidden within its massive, ancient original walls – lies a host of craftsmen (and women): jewelers, shoemakers, workers in silk and brocade, perfumers, and ice cream makers.
Highlights of this tour: Cascine Park, San Frediano, Piazzale Michelangelo, San Miniato, Pitti Palace, Old Bridge.
In other words, the essence of Florence!
Elena&Piero say Enchanting Florence bike tour is perfect for:
anyone of our guests eager to spend an exciting day in Florence’s historical district of San Frediano, on the left bank of the Arno River, heading to the beautiful surrounding hills through the Porta Romana, joining us on this unforgettable Florentine experience!
Tailor-made for families with children ( min.Age 12 y.o.) and beginners who do not want to miss the thrill of a biking day in Tuscany, this ride can be also lengthened and customized for intermediate bikers.
Even if not van supported, this easy city itinerary is the right tour for FAMILIES & OCCASIONAL RIDERS.
I BIKE OCCASIONALLY
I RIDE REGULARLY ON WEEKENDS
- Your pick-up and drop-off in Florence downtown.
- Piero-Elena leading & guiding your day biking with you.
- Van support: this tour runs on a loop and is not van supported!
We will van transfer only to/from starting/ending point.
- High quality light-frame disk brakes 27-speed hybrid bike, helmet, water bottle.
- Snacks&treats for your ride.
- Traveling with kids under 12 yrs old?
- Looking for the family favorite “city escape” from the museums, monuments & tourist life?
- San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Siena in one day from Florence?
- Wish to visit Siena including wine tour & tasting?
- Foodies & Wine Lovers?
- Want to pedal easily to San Gimignano enjoying wine & gelato?
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY
Biking experience in Florence
If you are remotely fit and want a unique experience biking around the unconventional Florence (or an escape day from crowds), then I strongly recommend the Bike in Florence&Tuscany city tour…
Great way to see parts of Floreonce and Tuscany that you would never see otherwise!
We went on 2 trips with Piero (second with his wife Elena).
1. Day trip of Florence. Saw Florence in whole new light- allowed us to explore Florence from 1 end to the other, avoiding the usual “tourist” areas (Duomo, Palazzo Signoria, Ponte Vecchio) that we had already done on foot. Only the 3 of us, yet Piero still did tour, incredibly infromative, adapted tour to our needs (stopped when we felt need), great lunch at hidden restaurant below Piazzale Michelangelo. Had a geat time!
2. Tuscany wine tour. This time did with son as well (initally not very enthusiastic, but even he admitted worth every penny). I am a regular cyclist, but others in group (total 6) “weekend warriors”. Tuscany can be challenging cycling, but Piero selcted route that everyone in group could do (picked us up at local drop off, since we were stayig in San Gimignano), drove to start of route, mostly downhill thereafter- abslolutely incredible countryside. Wine tasting incredible, espcially at Monteriggioni where we had wine tasting with matched food for lunch- informative. Shown how diferent local wines complement diferent foods. My wife (not usually a wine lover) “never going to drink cheap wine again”. Again Piero + Elena adapted tour to our needs. Again had great time- worth every Euro! Only downside- being from Canada, not practical to ship a case home!